Monday, January 24, 2011

Une Semaine a Nantes

Yesterday was officially a week that I have been living in Nantes (I'm not going to count the first night I was here, because that was all a blur anyways). It's been a week with very little downtime so far, but that's really how I like my life so I suppose it was alright.

Last sunday we returned from Orientation in Tours, and returned to our respective host family's houses. After dinner at 8 (dinner at my house is always at 8, which is sort of painfully late for me) I watched a movie on TV while my host parentals did other various things in the living room. This has sort of become a bit of a ritual over the last week. After dinner, which ends somewhere from 9-9:30, I usually watch TV until 11ish in an attempt to be social with my parents. Also, it's really good for my French. I can understand the news okay, and basically everything my host parents say, but TV shows and movies are a different story, since they speak much faster and use alot more slang of course.

I suppose I haven't really talked much about who I'm living with. My host mummy is Corinne, who is 54 (at least I think that's what she told me) and works at a car or an insurance call center (not really sure which). She works semi-irregular hours (one evening a week and most weekends) so she's not always around. Her boyfriend, Michel, also basically lives with us, although he has a small house in the country near Nantes somewhere. His grandpappies were lettuce farmers on the land near his house, which I think is just precious.

Aaaand orientation in Nantes was boring and not worth commenting on really. It mostly made for me being very exhausted this weekend. I did some shopping with mes amies on saturday, saw Somewhere (the newest Sofia Coppola movie) and went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant to celebrate my friend's birthday. It was oodles of fun but too expensive. Et voila.

1 comment:

  1. AAAIEEEEE!!
    1.)I can't wait to get out and go shopping and go to dinner.
    2.) I can't wait to see your bright coloured self.

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete